Fuel Prices

S

Stroppymonkey

I’ve just switched to HVO. £1.81+vat a litre

5-10% more efficient (allegedly) and huge carbon reduction. Smells like old paint thinners 😄

Will be interested to see if a mileage increase on the vans …

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

I’ve just switched to HVO. £1.81+vat a litre

5-10% more efficient (allegedly) and huge carbon reduction. Smells like old paint thinners 😄

Will be interested to see if a mileage increase on the vans …
1.81 plus vat?

craig

craig

Still wanting for some prices, will update when they arrive. But it looks to be down a bit.

craig

craig

Next week,

Shell 161.18ppl
Esso 161.12ppl
UKF 161.13ppl
Texaco 161.71ppl
Applegreen 158.96ppl

All plus VAT

Applegreen the biggest drop, 3 and a bit pence.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
BBC news this week reporting a 'new' record high at £1-97.9 .... when they've already reported on fuel at well over £2/ltr, weeks ago ... WTF??? o_Oo_O .... can't even keep their own stories/Jackanories straight :mad:

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

BBC news this week reporting a 'new' record high at £1-97.9 .... when they've already reported on fuel at well over £2/ltr, weeks ago ... WTF??? o_Oo_O .... can't even keep their own stories/Jackanories straight :mad:
BBC is worth reading for a laugh.😅😅 They make stuff up you wouldn't have thought possible.

M

Monkeybusiness

B815EFC4-FC4C-4E66-B8C7-9BD538DE8D59.jpeg

Took a digger to Peterborough and back today with the Hilux (300 mile round trip) - it couldn’t manage it on one tank (empty at 250 miles…). M6 toll services dry-bummed me!

doobin

doobin

View attachment 36923
Took a digger to Peterborough and back today with the Hilux (300 mile round trip) - it couldn’t manage it on one tank (empty at 250 miles…). M6 toll services dry-bummed me!
What could you do with a digger that a local contractor couldn't?

Moving machines around like that just seems daft to me. I'm no greeny, and I know you will only have done it because you were asked nicely, but that's a collossal waste of fuel in my book. Maybe with fuel prices so high and a squeeze on the cost of living people will go back to working locally.

Giles

Giles

Local Tesco which used to be 3-5p behind everyone else as Sainsburys across Rd they’d fight it out but both now stopped displaying price on big signs!

Attachments

• D5D950F7-3260-4B44-8A7C-A0C2C6E35DD9.jpeg
    D5D950F7-3260-4B44-8A7C-A0C2C6E35DD9.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 21
M

Monkeybusiness

What could you do with a digger that a local contractor couldn't?

Moving machines around like that just seems daft to me. I'm no greeny, and I know you will only have done it because you were asked nicely, but that's a collossal waste of fuel in my book. Maybe with fuel prices so high and a squeeze on the cost of living people will go back to working locally.
Totally daft, I fully agree.
Very good customer though, we work all over the country on jobs of various sizes for them. This was a bit of a favour (but still pays well)…