Four swearwords

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
in the tish ...... or as an exclamation Scheisse !! :oops::oops:

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
You really do like to test everything to destruction don’t you! Even swear filters 🤦‍♂️
Yes, The *****.

I am actually in favour of Regy's assault on this. I'd like to see the above word changed to "The Chineses"

On another note of guess the established member.... was it @Komatsu..... he's been noticeably absent.

Regardless whoever it is, I guess there image was more important to them than being part of the forum? (This is not about him but a general statement) It's a personal and pointed opinion this that may cost a few more members but IMHO if your vacuous enough to think what someone else says on a public forum is going to affect your business image then perhaps disappearing up your own arse is the inevitable outcome?

I can however fully understand why it could affect yours however @Regy53 You are our benefactor after all and advertise on the site/refugee camp 😂 so as far as i'm concerned you need supporting to the hilt on matters you feel right.

Last edited:
doobin

doobin

Who was the snowflake who got offended so easily?

This is a forum for plant lads. Plant lads swear. I'm not qualified to say if we loose traffic due to it but I suspect not- the sheer volume of helpful advice and very specific keywords contained within such advice means that there's not a lot of other results Google can give you when you search for things like machine fixes.

Were it my forum I'd not be so worried. It's settled down to be a good buch of lads, the drama queens have departed and new members are made to feel very welcome.

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Plant forum for plant lads yes, the same could be said for any forum seems as verbal swearing goes on everywhere. Written word is different and anybody can see.

The main thing here is, if you want new members to join, for conversation to stay new and fresh, or if you want to be stuck in the same room with the surrounding bunch all the time. Its not a magic cure but google will derank you and not show you on search engines if said forum is full of swear words. You may also find manufactures etc will not join for the same reasons above. Its all about expressing yourself but being respectful

With regards to the advertising on here, it really doesn't generate anything in picture form the only thing that can is googling the company name. Same for anybody who's put blogs on here.

If you want to call it, i will welcome all and any feedback. Send me a PM drop it on here. I am trying (not forcing) to do the greater good for the forum and its members.

Its the only one thing i am trying to do, having spent my own money and yours (paid members) in advertising, social media reach, hosting, build costs and subscriptions.

M

Monkeybusiness

I am a little surprised that members have left because of forum content - this always seems a good-natured and welcoming forum to me. There’s the odd bit of mickey taking but I don’t think I’ve been aware of anything particularly offensive on this platform. Can you elaborate on the sort of carry-on that was to blame Ross?
It’s a shame if people aren’t happy and I’d personally much rather everyone felt welcome to post and not just look in quietly from the sidelines. I think it’s a real shame that Eddie’s input dried up on the old forum and as far as I’m aware he’s not posted much (if anything) on here - his wideboy thread contained more tiltrotator setup information than you can get out of any of the manufacturers for a start, and it’s people like him sharing their ideas and approaches to different tasks that benefit us all imo.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
I think the single biggest risk to a forum is when a clique forms. In fairness some may construe certain members on here to be bloody close to it but the reality I think is that most of the constant contributors on here would go the extra mile for the others regardless of who they are. I can certainly ring someone pretty much anywhere else in the country and get stuff collected if needs be and that is thanks to this brilliant resource.

The key thing is contributions, and to keep the forum alive you not only need new members but also people willing to contribute experience and information. If there is'nt the entertainment value the interest in answering repeating queries dies along with it. And thus the forum goes.

Hopefully I'm right in saying that theirs not much of a clique attitude on here.... I certainly disdain you all equally. 😂 To be honest the fact that we call all take the piss out of each other without issue and then have a constructive discussion at the same time elsewhere is testament to that.

GazCro

GazCro

I think the single biggest risk to a forum is when a clique forms. In fairness some may construe certain members on here to be bloody close to it but the reality I think is that most of the constant contributors on here would go the extra mile for the others regardless of who they are. I can certainly ring someone pretty much anywhere else in the country and get stuff collected if needs be and that is thanks to this brilliant resource.

The key thing is contributions, and to keep the forum alive you not only need new members but also people willing to contribute experience and information. If there is'nt the entertainment value the interest in answering repeating queries dies along with it. And thus the forum goes.

Hopefully I'm right in saying that theirs not much of a clique attitude on here.... I certainly disdain you all equally. 😂 To be honest the fact that we call all take the piss out of each other without issue and then have a constructive discussion at the same time elsewhere is testament to that.
Rorys first two lines here are bang on. I viewed content on here occasionally for quite a while before i joined so from an outside looking on perspective that is exactly how it looks. However that isn't the case and if you never join or contribute you never will feel part of it, so it's as much to do with the individual as well as everyone else.
But yeah watching the use of some words not a bad shout.

J

Jimoz

Ha i hadn't seen this post before I swore this morning sorry. I did prefer it when the interweb was more wild west. Everything is social media, fake news and over censorship now. Reddit have deleted a donald trump fan page...i'm not particularly a fan of the guy but wont be surprised to see him get another 4 years all these lefties trying to tell us what to do!

craig

craig

Is it worth a members only forum, where the more near the bone threads could get moved to, and general chat/banter can take place?

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Is it worth a members only forum, where the more near the bone threads could get moved to, and general chat/banter can take place?

It’s a good idea, but would just take half of the general chitchat away from the forum, which can’t be good, can it?

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
We really dont need this. The forum is all good, all i am asking or at least feel i am is to curb a 4 -6 words out of 171,476 words in the English Dictionary

if we cant, or many of you say no, them 4 -6 words are 1000% needed then we will revert back and suffer the bit.

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

We really dont need this. The forum is all good, all i am asking or at least feel i am is to curb a 4 -6 words out of 171,476 words in the English Dictionary

if we cant, or many of you say no, them 4 -6 words are 1000% needed then we will revert back and suffer the bit.

If its for the good of the forum in general, then I don’t think there are any of us who would think it’s a bad idea, even if some do think it’s a bad idea, I still don’t think anyone can really object? You provide the forum Ross, you call the shots 👍

Some of us get regular calls from Rory, wherein there is much swearing and abuse, colourful language and strong opinions, if anybody is desperate for that kind of verbal violence, then if you PM him your number, I’m sure he will oblige....

Last edited: