Forced action mixers

B

Brendan

Been trying and failing to get one on hire, have found one company, has anyone heard of or dealt with ready to go hire, was about to pay the deposit but it comes back as unverified account and there isnt really any sort of webpage or info bar a facebook page with generic images with little to no interaction with anyone

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Been trying and failing to get one on hire, have found one company, has anyone heard of or dealt with ready to go hire, was about to pay the deposit but it comes back as unverified account and there isnt really any sort of webpage or info bar a facebook page with generic images with little to no interaction with anyone
well that's made me read and learn something new ... https://probuildermag.co.uk/features/benefits-forced-action-mixers ... pity these guys don't show more detail

craig

craig

Looking at @V8Druid link, I`m assuming they are like a pan mixer? If that's the case could @Brendan find a agricultural building type contractor with a pan mixer on a tractor/loader, and hire them for the time needed?

V8Druid

V8Druid

Need to mix a floor screed and there is very little water content, only mixer suitable for the job and can only get a tiny 20l bucket version locally and need to mixer 1.5t
yeh see the bucket ones on ebay ... 's a lorra buckets

V8Druid

V8Druid

Looking at @V8Druid link, I`m assuming they are like a pan mixer? If that's the case could @Brendan find a agricultural building type contractor with a pan mixer on a tractor/loader, and hire them for the time needed?
or just hire a pan mixer ?

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
or just hire a pan mixer ?
An agri type pan mixer don’t quite cut it as a forced action mixer. The forced action mixers have a better geared head paddle that mixes the product thoroughly rather than just stir it together. Hold out for the right bit of kit.

S

Smiffy

Where are you based drone might be able to offer a suggestion for hire firms

B

Brendan

I'm in Northampton, no local hire shops have any and the only place that did had one go missing and the others come back in too crap condition so only hiring to select known people

pettsy

pettsy

B

Brendan

Are these too small?

Brandon has one in the Isle of man or Wight mot sure which one and won't get another one,
Been chasing Travis every week with no one interested in getting back that's the right sized one, my local independent haven't got back either.
I had one of those little 25l ones for a smaller floor and it was terrible, the crappy paddle doesn't have enough weight to sit against the side so has to be held into place and barely allows more than half a buckets worth it it doesn't spin.

Might have to buy one of the 50l versions as can't justify £1800+ on the large ones for one job

V8Druid

V8Druid

this one looks to be getting more into the league

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
A local builder does a bit of traditional lime mortar for old buildings and we managed to borrow one of these for mixing refractory in.
mixer_pan.jpg

it always arrived covered in a layer of lime mortar but the stuff we were mixing always took it back to shiny metal inside 😊

D

DaveDCB

just get the screed Dropped off ready mixed? Or pick it up ready mixed from the batch plant To save transport..

B

Brendan

just get the screed Dropped off ready mixed? Or pick it up ready mixed from the batch plant To save transport..
Can only get standard screed so potentially 70 days before flooring can go down. Anything quicker and they will only supply to contractors on their list, who either want crazy money or two week wait

B

Brendan

So an update on this....

Turns out the company is legitimate and that's great.

Oddly the mixer was at one of the local big building merchants who couldn't be arsed after chasing each week to get back to me or just mugging me off with they have none and then also the price I paid is less for a week than they wanted for a day... Even though it has their stickers all over it 🤔

On another side note next time I'll buy the 50litre tub version, as it turns out the damn screed is too sticky to come out the chute and had to be shovelled and trowel out for each load, although it did do a good job of mixing it

W

willywonka

Try Multi-Hire 03455 613633 They cover whole of UK on next day pallet.