Engcon Big Dig Day - 26/27 April 2019

Engcon UK

Engcon UK

The Noble Art of Digging
Hello All,

We're running another Big Dig Day at the end of this week at Wicksteed Park in Kettering. As usual, we'll have plenty of different coloured diggers for people to try out, with different control systems, ranging from minis to 14 tonne machines.

The provisional list is as follows (probably a 22t Hyundai may join these - I'll let you know):
  • JCB JS145 with EC214 QS60 twin hitch with GRD20 gripper, DC2, EC-Oil
  • Komatsu PC138 with EC219 twin hitch, DC2, no EC-Oil
  • Bobcat E62 with EC206 QS45 twin hitch, DC2 EC-Oil
  • Kubota U27 with EC02 S30/180 direct mount, SVAB GP
  • Kubota U25 with EC02 S30/180 twin hitch, SS15
  • Kubota KX057-4 with EC206 twin hitch, SS9IQ
  • Sany SY26 with EC204 S40 twin hitch, DC2
  • Yanmer SV18 with EC02 S30/180 twin hitch, SS1 on roller (only there on the Saturday)
The event is a two-day affair - Friday and Saturday - and all are welcome (only competent digger drivers will be allowed on the machines :eek:(y)). Timings are from 10am until 5pm on both days.

For those who don't know, Wicksteed Park is one of the oldest leisure parks in the country and is a fantastic place to bring the family - they can play on the rides and amusements while you get on the Big Boy's toys. See https://wicksteedpark.org/

There will be some eye-watering offers during the event and, for the first 100 drivers to register in advance, we are offering free parking, a free wristband for the park's amusements and rides and upto a further three discount vouchers for park wristbands per operator.

Refreshments for operators will be provided, although family members will not be allowed into the digging area. As well as being a cracking day out, it will be a good opportunity to meet up with other Ops.

Please register beforehand to qualify for the parking and wristband offer at https://engcon.com/bigdigday

I can't guarantee the weather, but I'm pretty sure it will be better that the first one we did at Tewkesbury last year:ROFLMAO:

20180303_114536.jpg
20180302_181112.jpg
20180721_074154.jpg

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

It was great in the snow last year!!

Hope you have a good turn out for the selection you have available!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
can you define " competent digger drivers " please Robert :unsure: ........ and this had better not cause a repeat of last years snow :eek::eek: :p

V8Druid

V8Druid

Oh ..... and are you going to have your new rotary brush there ? :giggle:

Engcon UK

Engcon UK

The Noble Art of Digging
Oh ..... and are you going to have your new rotary brush there ? :giggle:
You'll have to wait for Plantworx for the new goodies, Graham.:sneaky: Our general philosophy is that place for new products is exhibitions - and there will be plenty to see there - and for some serious seat time in a wide variety of makes, sizes and control systems we have these Big Dig Days. It's the same with offers: there will be deals on new products at Plantworx and elsewhere, but it you are looking at a tilty deal; this will be the place to come.:eek:(y)

Stop Press: We've just added a small digger using SS0 controls (this is where the tilt and rotate function is completely controlled by the digger and there are no expensive valves or controls in the tilty),so that gives us a full house in terms of how you can operate tilties. Breed unknown - to me, at least - but I'll let you know.

Engcon UK

Engcon UK

The Noble Art of Digging
Do I get a free ticket?:p
If you can make it over Aiden, I'm sure I can run to a ticket for the rides. :giggle: Who knows, you may even get a bacon roll and a cuppa :coffee:

Engcon UK

Engcon UK

The Noble Art of Digging
A quick update: We had a good press day yesterday with over 30 owner/ops coming to see and buy the kit as well. The forecast for today is mostly dry but a bit windy - in other words normal for this time of year. We open at 10 and the offers continue, starting with an EC02 with GB02 grading bucket for under £5000:eek::eek::eek:(y)

All welcome
Line up.jpg

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Looks like you are putting on a good show. Glad the weather is a bit better this time.
£5000 for an entry level EC02 and bucket is a very keen price.
Graham

V8Druid

V8Druid

Looks like you are putting on a good show. Glad the weather is a bit better this time.
£5000 for an entry level EC02 and bucket is a very keen price.
Graham
Hope they have a better day, today, than we've had night :( ..... horizontal here all night and some sort of winds driving it :unsure:.... rain's stopped now but the winds are still VERY exciting :oops:..... go take a look-see at the damage shortly, when it dies down a bit ... bound to be some :rolleyes: