E80 Bobcat King post re-bush costs

Kev

Kev

Hi I'm thinking of purchasing a 8 ton Bobcat E80 and want to know if anyone could give me an estimate on what it will cost to get the king post re-bushed on it and where.
Im assuming it will need line boring, bushed and new pins top and bottom?
Thanks
Kev

K

Komatsu

Hi I'm thinking of purchasing a 8 ton Bobcat E80 and want to know if anyone could give me an estimate on what it will cost to get the king post re-bushed on it and where.
Im assuming it will need line boring, bushed and new pins top and bottom?
Thanks
Kev
Where abouts are you Kev? @CPS Aiden does a lot of this sort of stuff

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

It’s also possibly a job for EVANS & REID , but will involve sending your kingpost to them for refurbishment. Or is the wear also in the frame of the machine?

Kev

Kev

It’s also possibly a job for EVANS & REID , but will involve sending your kingpost to them for refurbishment. Or is the wear also in the frame of the machine?
I would think the wear would be in both the post and frame so the whole machine would need to go in.

K

Komatsu

Would you know is this sort of job that could be carried out at my yard people do this sort of work mobile?
I’ll let Aiden speak to you about that🙂....I only drive them🙈

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
I did my dx80r which I think is an identical machine, from memory the new pins and bushes from doosan were over a grand :unsure: . Then it all depends on the extent of the repair required to the housings. And do you have another machine or crane to lift the arm off and on. I reckon you would budget for £2/£2.5k for a decent job. IMO

Kev

Kev

I did my dx80r which I think is an identical machine, from memory the new pins and bushes from doosan were over a grand :unsure: . Then it all depends on the extent of the repair required to the housings. And do you have another machine or crane to lift the arm off and on. I reckon you would budget for £2/£2.5k for a decent job. IMO
Hi thanks.
yer we have Tele-handlers in our yard so that’s no problem.
How long ago was that? Did you need to bush the frame as well?

pettsy

pettsy

I looked for mobile line boring people last year to repair a worn king post on a micro I bought. Most I found either weren’t interested due to the small pin size or travel cost made the job uneconomical. Obviously yours is a much bigger machine so much more viable.

doobin

doobin

I looked for mobile line boring people last year to repair a worn king post on a micro I bought. Most I found either weren’t interested due to the small pin size or travel cost made the job uneconomical. Obviously yours is a much bigger machine so much more viable.

Wouldn't think most line boring kit would do pins that small. Any local machine shop could have done it no bother.

Furniss

Furniss

If its bushed in the kingpost it shouldnt have worn through the bushes has it ?

Kev

Kev

If its bushed in the kingpost it shouldnt have worn through the bushes has it ?
Hi.
I haven’t seen the machine yet my self just been told it will need doing. Are you familiar with theses diggers? Are they bushed from manufacture?

doobin

doobin

yer most seem to go down to 22mm, how would a machine shop do the frame?
I'd use a reamer on the frame, it's only a pair of parallel holes isn't it? @V8Druid might have another idea, but that would be where I'd start. I reckon I could rebush my micro boom and kingpost on my mill, and it's only a small table.

Furniss

Furniss

Im not sure if the Bobcat is bushed in the Kingpost :unsure: someone on here will know though.