Druidic Dabblings and General Twaddle !!

R

Rob65

now how the hell would I smuggle this in ....... or hide it?? :oops: 1564 Grove 15 tonner ... good old tool ... now if it was a 2564, 25 tonner I would be giving it seeeeeerious thought :giggle: .. good as the 15s were in the lifting stakes the 25 was a whole different level :giggle: ... registered as historic too :cool: .... I used to have a spare boom for one of these - 'til I cut it up clearing the yard .... still have the first stage tele ram though :rolleyes::) missing its fly :( absolutely solid 'old skool' tool:love:
409379408_7090550391006549_5478649539650907281_n.jpg
Just tell her that it’s Rory’s and he will be coming to collect it soon. After 12 months she will give up asking when.

The story fits past events and the crane is the right vintage. Totaly plausible 😀😀😀

kabin man

kabin man

the Jimnys were always known as being virtually invincible off road .... some nice little vehicles there
Anyone ever seen the DAMD bodykits for Jimnys? Could be fun project,but a bit pricey...
1707500034341.png

1707500227910.png

And theres a little G wagon as well..

Bucket on wheels

Bucket on wheels

now how the hell would I smuggle this in ....... or hide it?? :oops: 1564 Grove 15 tonner ... good old tool ... now if it was a 2564, 25 tonner I would be giving it seeeeeerious thought :giggle: .. good as the 15s were in the lifting stakes the 25 was a whole different level :giggle: ... registered as historic too :cool: .... I used to have a spare boom for one of these - 'til I cut it up clearing the yard .... still have the first stage tele ram though :rolleyes::) missing its fly :( absolutely solid 'old skool' tool:love:
409379408_7090550391006549_5478649539650907281_n.jpg

How could you not have seen it has stood at the back,
ok half hidden behind everything else but been there all along,
just haven't had much use for it yet,
but just wait until I build the new workshop

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
between the can you just s yesterday (as it was a nice day and Pam was determined to be out), had a bit of a tidy up on me patch and in me boxes --
Little Fobco Star bench drill, I went through a while ago and sorted, has been sat on the floor, making a nuisance of itself for months ... was gonna flog it, but for what it owes me (not a lot) thought sod it, mount it and use it ... be handy if only to keep a pilot in, save swapping in the Meddings all the time .. so
found a suitable bit of ply and lopped it down to size to re-enforce the top of a cabinet, pulled the head off the column (after deciding there was no way I was gonna pick it all up into place):oops::oops: and having drilled the ply and cab top, put the column and base up and bolted it down.
that was heavy enough as it was ... age really DOES NOT come alone :( ... 's why it got split .. would've done it in a lump, not so long ago :rolleyes: :mad:
Getting the head back on top of the column was .... er .... interesting !! :rolleyes::LOL:

Might see if I can find it a push button set up in me misc. leccy bits boxes .. pretty sure I have one in there somewhere :unsure:

WP_20240212_17_41_15_Pro.jpg WP_20240212_17_41_06_Pro.jpg WP_20240212_17_41_25_Pro.jpg WP_20240212_17_41_38_Pro.jpg

V8Druid

V8Druid

between the can you just s yesterday (as it was a nice day and Pam was determined to be out), had a bit of a tidy up on me patch and in me boxes --

Might see if I can find it a push button set up in me misc. leccy bits boxes .. pretty sure I have one in there somewhere :unsure:

View attachment 57637 View attachment 57638 View attachment 57636 View attachment 57635
and then burnt four drum-fulls of garden rubbish after barrowing it to me drum :rolleyes: ... once I'd put the Husqy hedge cutter through the enormous pile Pam'd created ... easiest way of making it fit in the barrows/burning drum ... burnt well too :giggle:(y)

Stock

Stock

🤤🤤🤤............................................................................................................................................
🤤🤤🤤

V8Druid

V8Druid

greetings all ......
no bloody internet since last Thursday evening 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬
had to flog into town this morning for a routine bit of banking management :mad::mad:
outgoing bills tomorrow and no 'net for shuffling funds about to meet them 🤬🤬

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

greetings all ......
no bloody internet since last Thursday evening 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬
had to flog into town this morning for a routine bit of banking management :mad::mad:
outgoing bills tomorrow and no 'net for shuffling funds about to meet them 🤬🤬
Pam got 4G phone?
Did your new dell have a WiFi adaptor?

If so make it a hotspot. ...canna remember if you have 4G coverage? If like us prob not ?

V8Druid

V8Druid

Pam got 4G phone?

If so make it a hotspot. ...canna remember if you have 4G coverage? If like us prob not ?
neither of us have 'net on our phones LL ..
Pam won't have a smart phone ..
still runs an old Nokia button jobbie ....
according to a net search for area coverage, there is no 4G cover here, :mad: but all the previous Openreach engineers (13 of 'em the last time we had 'proper' issues) who've been here have 4G on their pads they use to communicate with the exchange and get all their tech info. from ...
they all say 4g is excellent here. .....
will be having a word with the guys who installed the 'nice' neighbour's 4G internet system, as being without for 5 days really isn't acceptable these days.
As said, had to go into my bank's branch this morning, just to shuffle some funds about 🤬
met the Openreach engineer on the side of the road coming back and asked him if he was dealing with ours? ...
he had a shredded length of cable in his hand when he said yes, after asking for our address.
Bloody hedge carpenters been at it again🤬:mad:

Only upside is I've done a load of housekeeping on the 'puters and HD,s and all are now up to date and everything is backed up twice :):cool:(y)

V8Druid

V8Druid

Pam got 4G phone?

forgot the wifi bit .... running a USB dongle ATM .. was on ethernet cable ... router is next to the W10 Dell ... for some reason the ethernet cable/connection decided it wasn't working anymore .. tried a new one and still no joy, so assume the ethernet card has gone south in the Dell :mad:
have an identical Dell that gave me so much trouble I replaced it ..
@Cyberprog reckoned it had a motherboard issue :cry:
could rob the card out of there, but not sure if it would need to be 'configured' somehow???
REALLY wish I knew more about 'popping the bonnet' on 'puters and tinkering about :(:(

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

forgot the wifi bit .... running a USB dongle ATM .. was on ethernet cable ... router is next to the W10 Dell ... for some reason the ethernet cable/connection decided it wasn't working anymore .. tried a new one and still no joy, so assume the ethernet card has gone south in the Dell :mad:
have an identical Dell that gave me so much trouble I replaced it ..
@Cyberprog reckoned it had a motherboard issue :cry:
could rob the card out of there, but not sure if it would need to be 'configured' somehow???
REALLY wish I knew more about 'popping the bonnet' on 'puters and tinkering about :(:(
Have BT offered a 4G backup dongle unit? They sent us one when ours went

V8Druid

V8Druid

Have BT offered a 4G backup dongle unit? They sent us one when ours went
not been with BT for years ... binned 'em off and went to SSE years ago - they however then sold off their BB op. to Ovo, who in turn have flogged it off to Origin BB .... as said .. seriously considering going fully wireless, like our 'nice' neighbours did (who get 32mb) ... all it cost them was a SIM and their monthlies

B

bobthebuilder

not been with BT for years ... binned 'em off and went to SSE years ago - they however then sold off their BB op. to Ovo, who in turn have flogged it off to Origin BB .... as said .. seriously considering going fully wireless, like our 'nice' neighbours did (who get 32mb) ... all it cost them was a SIM and their monthlies
i know a man who can do that for you gra ,good bloke knows his onions

V8Druid

V8Druid

i know a man who can do that for you gra ,good bloke knows his onions
the neighbours used a guy called countryside connections from Monmouth .. apparently there were all sorts of grants available - he did all the paperwork and as said all it cost them was a SIM and monthly sub. :cool: .. they're very pleased with theirs as James works from home a lot (he's a TV prog. producer and has done quite a few well known prog.s - Bruce Parry in the arctic - and several others I can't recall the name of)
have had an email to his bloke in my drafts for ages - must do summat about it ... was hard work being 'cut off' for 4ish days

would be interesting to have a chat with your chap too (y)

B

bobthebuilder

the neighbours used a guy called countryside connections from Monmouth .. apparently there were all sorts of grants available - he did all the paperwork and as said all it cost them was a SIM and monthly sub. :cool: .. they're very pleased with theirs as James works from home a lot (he's a TV prog. producer and has done quite a few well known prog.s - Bruce Parry in the arctic - and several others I can't recall the name of)
have had an email to his bloke in my drafts for ages - must do summat about it ... was hard work being 'cut off' for 4ish days

would be interesting to have a chat with your chap too (y)
martin at miaren systems ,07920 095635
our type of fella,not full of s**t like some

V8Druid

V8Druid

well that's 73 notifications done .... now to start on the 217 new posts :oops::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
well that's caught up ...... would not wanna be off line for a week or more :oops:
on a more fun note ... Russ was 60 on Sunday and had a great party on Saturday night :giggle::giggle: ... apologies for the poor pic quality
WP_20240217_20_11_50_Pro.jpg