Crew cab van for towing

G

Gez_lewis

Does anyone use a crew cab van for towing? Up to 3.5 legal would be nice.
Thinking one would be handy , got 5 kids so space would be handy when I don't want to take the car or the kids are having a day at work etc or abit of space when there's 3 or 4 of us on same job .
Doubt I'll be getting new as we tend to wreak vehicles on farm or in scrap yard .
Is there anything other than a transit I should be looking at?

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
I presume you have thought about L200 or hilux offering?

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
I'd like a Ford F150 but don't like the idea of sitting at the passenger side driving.

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

My first thought was with Fred and the Iveco answer!’

Pedrod355

Pedrod355

MAN do a panel van with 3.5T tow capacity but think you need a class 2 license or at least i was told i would need one as passed test after 97! As GVW is 5t then towing weight on top

G

Gez_lewis

I've not had any dealings with the ivecos are they better built than the 7.5 tonners
L200 etc haven't got enough room and don't need another pickup we've got a few 4wd knocking about the farm

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Iveco is 3.50 GVW and 7.50traim weight. So car licence and towing if you are old enough!! I used to tow with my old discovery that can also tow 3.50. Chalk and cheese. Iveco is a truck that runs at 3.50 rather than a light weight that can run at up to 3.50

G

Gez_lewis

I've got class 1 so towing not a problem,
Don't need to tow all the time just handy to pick something up when you don't want to use wagon , and handy to take kids and bikes etc when I'm on baby sitting duties

B

Brendan

Pickup wise 2014+ 3.2 ford ranger
Panel Van wise not sure what double cabs are out there that will tow 3.5t iveco do a version of the 35 that will not sure if the others do

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I'd like a Ford F150 but don't like the idea of sitting at the passenger side driving.
you'd get used to it ;) ... nice to step onto the pavement in traffic too ..... have had quite a few left hookers :)

Jimbo69

Jimbo69

I’ve got a transit custom lwb crewcab but only legal to tow 2.8 tonnes. It can handle 3.5 no bother though, just not legally.

F

fred

proper comfort if your looking to use it not just for work, discovery 3/4 commercial.

B

Brendan

I’ve got a transit custom lwb crewcab but only legal to tow 2.8 tonnes. It can handle 3.5 no bother though, just not legally.
You can get them upgraded and plated for a 3.5t tow but probably looking at 1k. The full size transit only tows 3.5t in longest wheelbase, high roof top and certain engine so very few of them about

doobin

doobin

Another vote for disco here- plenty about and should fit the bill nicely depending upon how much you need to fit in the back.

J

Jimoz

Wish I took a photo. Crew cab transit left the agg merchants the other day weighing 6t! What's ridiculous is he weighs 3t empty with the fancy body and cage

M

Monkeybusiness

Wish I took a photo. Crew cab transit left the agg merchants the other day weighing 6t! What's ridiculous is he weighs 3t empty with the fancy body and cage
We’ve had 3.5 tonne Iveco double cab tippers weighing over 7 tonnes when loaded before now... Obviously not taken on public roads of course.

B

Brendan

Wasn't there a badly written police report of a 3.5t transit tipper pulled over weighing 7t plus towing over 3t