Closed Vs open cab

D

deuce22

V8Druid, Sorry, but a lot of that went over my head. :)

Doobin, it's a 2005. I just want to check it out first and then I'll take someone down with me that has more knowledge.

Left hooker

Left hooker

Those EX30's are a really good machine, possibly the best 3t I've ever driven. Shame the newer Hitatchi's don't drive like those older ones.
This is a perfect sized machine for you @deuce22 Not too big for your site, can shift a fair amount of muck in a day, will lift a ton bag about, has a cab and is easy enough to work on. Give her a service and send it to work. As Ross says you wont loose much over the next few years at that price.
Get it bought!
Still have ours tucked away in a shed don't use it anymore as tiltyed up 5 tonner has taken all it's work
Can't bring myself to shift it on as it owes nothing now

D

deuce22

I’ve been to see it and it is actually there. Everything seemed ok, but I haven’t got much experience. He’s had it for 12 months and bought it from a dealer. He’s in his 70s and has used it for a few jobs for family. He said he’s just getting to old for it now. He jumped in it and started swinging it around and smashed a small shed over, so I agree he’s probably getting a bit to old now😀.
It was painted and he said he did it to tidy it up. He’s replaced a part for the tracks that cost 2k, but other than that no other repairs. Is there any other stuff that I need to check before buying it?
Thanks.

D

deuce22

I have taken a photo of the plate on the front of the machine and I’m assuming the information I need to do a TER check is on that.

I will ask him if he has a receipt from when he bought it from the dealer. He did tell me that he bought it on a credit card for 11k including VAT 12 months ago.

If he doesn’t have a receipt should I be weary. If the check came back fine wouldn’t that be enough?

Thank you

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I’ve been to see it and it is actually there. Everything seemed ok, but I haven’t got much experience. He’s had it for 12 months and bought it from a dealer. He’s in his 70s and has used it for a few jobs for family. He said he’s just getting to old for it now. He jumped in it and started swinging it around and smashed a small shed over, so I agree he’s probably getting a bit to old now😀.
It was painted and he said he did it to tidy it up. He’s replaced a part for the tracks that cost 2k, but other than that no other repairs. Is there any other stuff that I need to check before buying it?
Thanks.
:oops: :oops: 😂 good job you weren't stood in range then :unsure::oops::rolleyes: ..
where about are you in Wales Boyo .. you said you'd popped to see Barnsey the other day?
at £2k, I'd be guessing a drive motor? :unsure::confused::whistle:
you really need someone with a bit of practical experience / knowledge to give it a once over, if you aren't confident of what you're looking at/for. ..... but be quick ... 'tain't gonna hang about long at that zero VAT price :rolleyes::(

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I have taken a photo of the plate on the front of the machine and I’m assuming the information I need to do a TER check is on that.

I will ask him if he has a receipt from when he bought it from the dealer. He did tell me that he bought it on a credit card for 11k including VAT 12 months ago.

If he doesn’t have a receipt should I be weary. If the check came back fine wouldn’t that be enough?

Thank you
he should have a full VAT invoice from a dealer if he's been charged the VAT ..... proving provenance is one thing .... you still need to be confident of what you're buying, condition - wise .... as said .. don't hang about ;)

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator
A tee check really isn’t that good as it’s only as good as the data that’s sent to ter. Also cloaned machines are the most popular. I would say it sounds legit but who knows. Can you add the photo of the plate on here

D

deuce22

I'm in Maesteg. I think it was the drive motor, he said he forgot to fill the old one up with oil, so replaced it. He still has the old one and thinks it's fine.
It may not hang around, but I won't rush into it. I don't want to be left with something that's going to cost more to fix. The machine seemed fine to me, but what do I know, from what I've found out hrs used could be false and him painting it is obviously another bad sign.

D

deuce22

Thanks Ross.

So that all looks ok?

He hasn't got the invoice, but he's calling the dealer to check with them. It's called Kellands plant sales.

Komatsu

Komatsu

Thanks Ross.

So that all looks ok?

He hasn't got the invoice, but he's calling the dealer to check with them. It's called Kellands plant sales.
You could also phone Kellands with that serial no. and they will be able to tell you the service history of the machine as well.
Presuming this is the Kellands that your on about, however any dealer of a brand will be able to help you out if you give them the serial no.

Last edited:
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
I have a feeling I know of that machine from a job we looked at a while back.... would not surprise me if it's for sale due to various reasons none of which are the machines fault!

Best bet is to ring... If it's In or Near Totnes - South Devon I will pop and look at it for you. I'm not driving to cullompton though but If it's the digger I'm thinking of it won't be.

It's cheap and seems genuine to me.

D

deuce22

I’ll call them then and see if I can get some info.
It isn’t as far down as Totnes. It was in cullompton.

D

deuce22

I've been dealing with the daughter of the owner (the old man) over the phone to try and sort out this paperwork and she has now told me that she has the sales invoice. However, it's in her cousins name, but the machine is her fathers. The father told me today (in person) that he paid 11k inc VAT. The invoice states 7.5k +VAT.
The invoice is addressed to somebody in Tiverton which has a carpentry business, so maybe it was him using it all along and it was in totnes at some point. I don't know what to think of this, I don't know why they weren't honest in the beginning. Along with them repainting it, I've started to lose interest in it.
Thank to all of you for your help.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
I don't know what to think of this,
What I think is your going to struggle to find a machine that is in decent condition, with the criteria you have and the concerns, without actually going and looking at machines..

£7500 + Vat = £9000. Quite possible that theirs £500 transport on any machine, likewise it's pretty standard for someone to pay a certain amount off book to circumnavigate Vat. It's not Kosha, but its very common. Likewise so is buying a machine via a family business to do the same... not right but not uncommon either.

The only way you will actually find a suitable machine is to go and look at them, likewise i'm afraid that machine is pretty much at the right money, if not a little better than.

Final Drive's for a 3t machine would hit at about £1500 a pop. Normally seals failing and causing the planetary bearings to start seizing.... if the last sentence confuses you then don't worry... All you need to know is that's the price of a unit and there not worth repairing.... If one has been replaced then it makes little odd's, they are cheaper to replace than reseal.

Paint is Paint.... Would I repaint one of my machines before selling? would I fuck bar the counterweight as it's a load of hassle.... BUT it's not a bad sign.... Bobcats have shit paint and to be honest buying one that has been painted is better than purchasing a rust bucket.

At this point theirs a choice.... Either get over to the likes of Barnes, or Regy... Whom will have various machines which are at higher price ends BUT will come with a warranty period. Or Buy the likes of the Bobcat and take your chances.

To be honest it's not like your going to be putting serious hours on a machine and in all reality the warranty given by a dealer is going to be in a time frame, not a period of hours.

That's my personal viewpoint anyway, Naff all point even ringing people if you aren't prepared to go and look in a timely fashion.

FYI I dealt with selling a friends machine a while back... had someone ring up and ask every question under the sun... next thing they are ringing every few days to try to play the price game.... finally decided to come down on a Saturday having agreed that the price was non negotiable and that they would definitely like to have it... which meant giving them priority and putting off another bloke that wanted it and keen to pay deposit by BACs. They arrived, looked at machine, then started counting money and came out £2000 short of the agreed price...... I have never seen someone flee a yard so quickly as they did upon instruction by said farmer :ROFLMAO: Rang the former person, agreed price, Bac's paid with the balance resolved later that afternoon when he came with his trailer.....

Strait deals are easy and everyone wins.... I'm not saying your wrong to ask for the original invoice BUT IMHO it's not actually any of your business and I personally would of said naff off with that request if it was asked of me.

Last edited by a moderator: