Cheap Chinese wheel loaders

Neilporteous

Neilporteous

You have probably seen these kicking around on the market, they look cheap and cheerful but does anybody have one or had a go if one?
I wonder if they are any good at all and worth the money or not?
At the end of the day you are basically getting a dumper, forklift and a heated cab all for under £10k, surely worth a punt?
Whats the thoughts guys?

pettsy

pettsy

Haven’t seen or used one, my worry would be spares availability and any resale value. A friend has a jcb 2cx that’s handy in the yard, but quite heavy. There’s one on eBay for 7.5k with forks/bucket that doesn’t seem bad value?

Neilporteous

Neilporteous

I would imagine that spares would be a bit of a nightmare.
2cx would be handy and fairly reliable but the Chinese loader can be towed on a plant trailer which would be very handy.

diggerjones

diggerjones

I've just bought a Chinese tractor. I not sure why! It's ok but very unrefined. The resale value will be crap on any Chinese machinery till they catch up with ( i would like to say us) some of the better brands(Japanese)😃
Parts wise i supose you can order anything from China just takes a while

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
That particular one is only rated to lift 800kg, which I would say was too little for a lot of jobs.
I would have thought a second hand mainstream mini loader would be a better bet. The concept is great, I wouldn’t be without my Norcar, but I’m not sure I’m brave enough to by Chinese without a dealer network.

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

That particular one is only rated to lift 800kg, which I would say was too little for a lot of jobs.
I would have thought a second hand mainstream mini loader would be a better bet. The concept is great, I wouldn’t be without my Norcar, but I’m not sure I’m brave enough to by Chinese without a dealer network.
Have you seen the prices the "branded" mini loaders are going for atm?😲

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
You have probably seen these kicking around on the market, they look cheap and cheerful but does anybody have one or had a go if one?
At the end of the day you are basically getting a dumper, forklift and a heated cab all for under £10k, surely worth a punt?
Whats the thoughts guys?
looks like it came from Brightwells, down the road from me

V8Druid

V8Druid

Whats the thoughts guys?
look at the guy's feedback ... reckon a scammer has his a/c or he is one?????

ditto perhaps???? .. Powertec 1540 Loading Shovel | eBay ....
sellers are those strange bunch selling traccies, etc., that either don't arrive or are complete dogs and now't like descriptions .... buy and take with you or walk away ... yet Mog has had the odd deal with them ????? :unsure:

Last edited:
V8Druid

V8Druid

Have seen these folk mentioned who import Chinese loaders https://www.nnvs.co.uk/
one for the greenies 2020 SILENT POWER 48V LOADERS, LIFTS 800KG - UK Used Trucks For Sale & Export | North Norfolk Vehicle Solutions | Lorries for Sale (nnvs.co.uk)
1609628167695.png

M

Monkeybusiness

look at the guy's feedback ... reckon a scammer has his a/c or he is one?????

ditto perhaps???? .. Powertec 1540 Loading Shovel | eBay ....
sellers are those strange bunch selling traccies, etc., that either don't arrive or are complete dogs and now't like descriptions .... buy and take with you or walk away ... yet Mog has had the odd deal with them ????? :unsure:
I’m not convinced anyone would come out on top if they tried to pull a fast one on Mog......

pettsy

pettsy

According to a guy on the farm forum...DTP compared to the QF folk ..

Tom pemberton. He's related distantly but doesn't associate with them. Straight enough to deal with. Just don't be expecting a rolls Royce for scrap money

Gecko

Gecko

The resale value will be crap on any Chinese machinery till they catch up with ( i would like to say us) some of the better brands(Japanese)
On that subject, what have the UK prices been doing for used 'respectable brands' recently?
John Deer now has a reputation for locking you in to dealer servicing for the life of a tractor making them worthless as they age.
On the other hand, (here in Oz),tractors like the MF 100/200 series have doubled in price in the past 5 years because anyone can maintain them.

T whiting

T whiting

I wouldn't touch those chinese shovels start on one cylinder sound awful slow and not supposed to be easy to drive and the bucket is the size of a teaspoon for the size of machine

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Have you seen the prices the "branded" mini loaders are going for atm?😲
Just had a look on ebay. Not many used about but new are are serious money. Trouble is you are not really compareing like with like performance wise. This is only rated to lift 800kg, most mainstream ones are around double that. In reality you are probably only good for 400kg on the forks which is not a lot.
If this sort of spec is okay I would have thought a mini tractor would be a better bet as you get some fork and front bucket work and you get three point linkage and PTO to run farm attachments which opens up a lot of possibilities.

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Just had a look on ebay. Not many used about but new are are serious money. Trouble is you are not really compareing like with like performance wise. This is only rated to lift 800kg, most mainstream ones are around double that. In reality you are probably only good for 400kg on the forks which is not a lot.
If this sort of spec is okay I would have thought a mini tractor would be a better bet as you get some fork and front bucket work and you get three point linkage and PTO to run farm attachments which opens up a lot of possibilities.
Mini Tractor is my plan atm, lil Kubota with flail and forks etc.
Just keeping an eye out for them, watching like s vulture for everything to crash and then I'll jump in😈😈😶

doobin

doobin

These loaders are always appearing at the auctions, people import them then send them to euros because they can’t sell them. So they end up in the hands of QF etc.
My mate bought one from auction once. Paid £3k for a ‘new’ machine then flogged it.
They look s**t and are s**t.

S

Smiffy

At lamma or grassland event a few years ago there was a chinese copy of the avant style loaders
If they are still around I would think this is a better bet than something chinese designed

There are also lots of makes beyond the common couple that may be worth a look
There was a list on arbtalk but can't find it atm

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator
One things for sure the Chinese are getting better at everything construction related. They can build well if they want but at what cost. The recent Sunward I drove was very tidy, You could quite easily stick a kobelco sticker on it and get away with it.

Since running my business we have sold a few hundred new Chinese quads (CF MOTO) with very little warranty claim or issue in general, Their own engine and production line. Super product

We have also sold Lumag products in a fair QTY, again very little comeback if any. Now the quality of these is good its not perfect but for the money they offer tremendous value. We probably sell about £100k a year of new Lumag, which given they range from £300 - 3k is a lot of product.