Cat 205lc

S

Smudger096

Hi, my first excavator and post, so patience is appreciated, I just bought an old cat 205lc, it's a bit battered, but digs well, the r/h final drive is missing it's gears and cover, any advice on sourcing, repairing and model comparability will be gratefully received, if I can get it working, I will transport it to Spain to build an Mx track on my finca in Spain
Thanks
Smudger

Attachments

K

Komatsu

Hi, my first excavator and post, so patience is appreciated, I just bought an old cat 205lc, it's a bit battered, but digs well, the r/h final drive is missing it's gears and cover, any advice on sourcing, repairing and model comparability will be gratefully received, if I can get it working, I will transport it to Spain to build an Mx track on my finca in Spain
Thanks
Smudger
Welcome🙂, lovely machines, spent plenty of time on one of them, think they were made under license from Mitsubishi?

Bri963

Bri963

Yup, Eder. So was the 211, 206, 212. Should still be able to get the bits from Cat.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
be cheaper to buy summat in Spain ... a trip for that to Spain is NOT gonna be cheap :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ... be circa £3k towards summat out there :rolleyes:

S

Smudger096

Thanks for all the replies, gives me a starting point

S

Smudger096

be cheaper to buy summat in Spain ... a trip for that to Spain is NOT gonna be cheap :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ... be circa £3k towards summat out there :rolleyes:
I got it cheap and I have contacts in haulage, I would pay a lot more in Spain as plant goes for more as a general rule