Case 590sle

Nick...

Nick...

My avatar is probably in this category now.last one sold in the uk and best backhoe I ever used,and I’ve used lots
Nick...

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
All my gear should be in this category :eek:

Simon edwards

Simon edwards

Mine's probably a very similar vintage,different colour though!still working regularly,have considered upgrading but to be honest I only do a few hundred hours a year with it now and it is so reliable I am reluctant to change .

T

topkit

Thought i would pop over from the other forum to see what it's like.
Here are my two current older machines. The MF is a one owner 94 machine and he Ford is a 95

Attachments

• DSCF4404.JPG
    DSCF4404.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCF3214 (1024x577).jpg
    DSCF3214 (1024x577).jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 130
T

topkit

Both are low hour machines around 4500, whenever I get one first thing is all of the fluids and filters get changed then I tidy the paintwork up I don't do full paint jobs only the parts that need doing then a full grease up they get used on our small holding and go out on occasional jobs for other people sometimes self drive if I know who's going to use them !

Simon edwards

Simon edwards

Cut my teeth on a slightly earlier 555c in Australia back in the mid 90's,was a great machine on the front end,always interesting loading trucks with hardcore or stone due to straight loader arms meant dropping from a great height to fill the body!Did a couple of hundred hours on one of the first MF 750 out there as well but preferred the old ford at the time.

T

topkit

I think the MF 750 Is the same perkins engine apart from it is non Turbo where as the 860 is a Turbo and has the larger 7020 front wheels, It will go anywhere and really has plenty of pushing power. I would like a New Holland I had a very clean LB-85 but would like to have a LB-110 as they have a bit more power with the turbo engine.
Nick, I can never make my mind up over the Case machines, I picked up a Case 590 Super R series 2 last year it had the powershift gearbox which was good but a bit overkill for my small holding, I could not fault the machine apart from it was a big machine and certainly seemed to share a lot in common with the New Holland in the cab and the backhoe looked identical, My one had the pilot controls too (that was very nice) I decided to sell it on as it was worth too much to just have sitting around. I will dig a picture out later.

Nick...

Nick...

I never liked the 580 R diggers for some reason.first case was a 580b then a 580f then went to a ford 555 which was great.had the 590sle when i started doing full time digger work then a cat 432e which was a complete pile if shite and the treatment i got from finnings was terrible.they bought it back and then had a 590st which was ok but work dried ip and i sold it.only had one call in five years for a backhoe since i sold it.i do miss them though.
Nick...

Simon edwards

Simon edwards

I share your sentiment,it used to be a lot of fun trying to do every job however big,small or awkward with a 180 and 5 buckets! Now I sometimes find myself deliberating over which machine,buckets etc to take to a job whereas you used to just go and get it done then move onto the next.

Nick...

Nick...

Really don’t miss driving miles to jobs.often had an hour plus to get to jobs.at least with a mini digger I’m only 20mins from home and generally work in a ten mile radious nowadays.
Nick...

Simon edwards

Simon edwards

Back in the day I was quite happy tracking between jobs,even had a radio you could sometimes hear !I used to to have to do a fair amount of shovelling by hand back then so a did'nt mind a few road miles.