Can I claim?

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Not a high sucess rate ....seen lots come and go over the years, even seen a few come,go, come back then go again šŸ˜¬ , language barrier ,no friends, missing children or grandchildren,isolation,lack of work, iirc figures are about 70% go back within 5yrs and I would say that about aligns with what we see, not many incoming at moment, brexit has made it harder, getting registered to work is a bit harder, not impossible by any means but weeds out those who are not really committed.
first 'discovered' France in '83 - spent 3 weeks wandering about on the Kawi heading for the Med coast, but loved the rest of the country we found, on the way down and back ...
and have had many weeks wandering it since. :love:
Concluded in '83 that it'd be a bloody great place to live and had been working in that direction for years ...
very nearly went for it in '07/8, 'til the sh1t hit the fan globally and the sale of my biz premises, which I'd been negotiating for years, went belly up, when the buyers went tits up.
Conditional contracts mean sweet FA when the Co. no longer exists :cry:
then got diagnosed in 2010 and that knackered any hopes. no way are they going to take on the 'burden' of my weekly treatment that keeps me upright :cry::cry:

edit ..... plus of course the advent of grand kids has really bollo-ed any chances

Last edited:
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
well here's an interesting quote on damage to vehicles caused by pot holes ......
" and could save motorists up to Ā£440 in vehicle repairs to fix the damage caused by potholes. "

another WTF moment o_Oo_O:mad::mad::mad: ...... " London boroughs are to get Ā£235m in extra funding which has been redirected from HS2 to resurface roads across the capital over the next 11 years. " rest of us plebs'll have to struggle on and paying for our own repairs to our vehicles ... that quote above could sink a few "not our fault" ,s

https://www.theconstructionindex.co...ed-hs2-funds-diverted-to-fix-londons-potholes

6feetdown

well here's an interesting quote on damage to vehicles caused by pot holes ......
" and could save motorists up to Ā£440 in vehicle repairs to fix the damage caused by potholes. "

another WTF moment o_Oo_O:mad::mad::mad: ...... " London boroughs are to get Ā£235m in extra funding which has been redirected from HS2 to resurface roads across the capital over the next 11 years. " rest of us plebs'll have to struggle on and paying for our own repairs to our vehicles ... that quote above could sink a few "not our fault" ,s

https://www.theconstructionindex.co...ed-hs2-funds-diverted-to-fix-londons-potholes
Well the arseholes in the bay won't be giving out any money that's for sure

S

Smiffy

https://www.theconstructionindex.co...roposes-ramping-up-fines-for-late-streetworks

" ... proposes a requirement for at least 50% of any surplus lane rental funds to be spent on repairing potholes.
The Department for Transport claims that its proposals could not only reduce congestion for but also generate ā€œup toā€ Ā£10m a year extra for resurfacing roads. ... "

It won't help as by law any penalties they impose on utility companies have to be placed on council contractors as well so any gain will soon be lost. The rules around street works are ridiculous and completely counterproductive to pothole work. Essentially geared towards long term jobs.