Bit of overhang

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
16AFB9D8-4B38-4093-BB2D-60FAFD98CCF9.jpeg
Might have to stick this on a trailer:whistle:

pettsy

pettsy

Apart from the fact that it looks odd, strictly speaking if it’s under 3.05m overhang wouldn’t it be legal with marker boards?

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Apart from the fact that it looks odd, strictly speaking if it’s under 3.05m overhang wouldn’t it be legal with marker boards?
yes ..... but it would be an interesting argument on the side of the Queen's highway with plod and DVSA/VOSA :oops::unsure: ....... and I'd want a few more chains over it before venturing forth :LOL:;)(y)
looks_fine_to_me_.png

M

Monkeybusiness

Just need to nail a couple of little wheels onto the bottom of your rear stabilisers mate, perfect then!

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Markers and lights. Yes it would be legal provided it's secure.

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
I think you would needs under run protection on the rear and sides. Plus I think the rear overhang can only be something like 2/5 of the wheel base?

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
I think you would needs under run protection on the rear and sides. Plus I think the rear overhang can only be something like 2/5 of the wheel base?
That's to do with the c&d of the vehicles actual fixed equipment.

Load projections are a different matter.

S

Smiffy

During another exhilarating round of CPC training we spent an hour arguing with the trainer as he was adamant you can't move containers unless you have a full set of twistlocks
He thought the crossed chains front and rear and three ratchets over the top that we usually use on empty containers was an insecure load

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
During another exhilarating round of CPC training we spent an hour arguing with the trainer as he was adamant you can't move containers unless you have a full set of twistlocks
He thought the crossed chains front and rear and three ratchets over the top that we usually use on empty containers was an insecure load
What a tool:mad:
I just have two straps over empty boxes but my trailer has chock rails so can’t slide sideways, loaded boxes a bit more:whistle:

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
That's to do with the c&d of the vehicles actual fixed equipment.

Load projections are a different matter.
Ah you could be right there. But then why do I think you only get 1m projection of load front and back ?

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
I need to get hold of some marker boards. People keep telling me I can’t shift 12m lengths on our 9.1m truck :giggle:

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I need to get hold of some marker boards. People keep telling me I can’t shift 12m lengths on our 9.1m truck :giggle:
make some ...... do 'em double sided .... plenty of holes and a few rings for tying 'em on with ..... for the end board ... a G clamp with a bolt welded to its back, to bolt a board onto it after clamping it to the end of yer load ;)

1555842079492.png

K

Komatsu

So if we’re of the opinion that Mogs ok like this, what’s the difference between this and the Marshal low loader carrying the slurry tanker with the over hang??