Best Grease gun end?

Furniss

Furniss

Can buy a kit to renew the jaws ...I have one to do when I get to it.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
What's the best grease gun end?
I've got one like this but it now leaks on all the nipple's.
probably leaking 'cos the little seal has gone hard .....
1627129563358.jpg

R

Russell

It's only two or three years old but the last couple times I've used it , it's leaked. I've ordered one that's made in Germany so will see if that's any better.

T whiting

T whiting

I wouldn't bother with the seal kits I tried to do mine after I had put it on a damaged nipple and it then leaked every time I tried to use it. I never managed to get it to work again and ended up getting a new one the middle piece that you undo with pliers was so tight I think I damaged something

D

DaveDCB

I use the gcouplers , the only problem I’ve ever had is if you get big pressure in them they don’t unclip very easily.. and they are quite big, so stuggle in the recessed nipples

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I wouldn't bother with the seal kits I tried to do mine after I had put it on a damaged nipple and it then leaked every time I tried to use it. I never managed to get it to work again and ended up getting a new one the middle piece that you undo with pliers was so tight I think I damaged something
yeh they're right bar stewards to undo :mad::mad:

doobin

doobin

I use the gcouplers , the only problem I’ve ever had is if you get big pressure in them they don’t unclip very easily.. and they are quite big, so stuggle in the recessed nipples
I'm not a fan of them. They won't get half the places on a mini and like you say, they won't uncouple if you get pressure in them.

The best compromise I have found is a battery grease gun, leaving your other hand free to position a fairly new bog standard coupler/flexi hose on the nipple and hold it square. Anything else is great for half the nipples, then worse than useless. The Fuchs one is nice, but catridges are expensive and although the magnet is a good idea it's a faff to keep sticking it on each time you move to a new nipple. With a battery grease gun you can get a good rhythm going.

GazCro

GazCro

I'm not a fan of them. They won't get half the places on a mini and like you say, they won't uncouple if you get pressure in them.

The best compromise I have found is a battery grease gun, leaving your other hand free to position a fairly new bog standard coupler/flexi hose on the nipple and hold it square. Anything else is great for half the nipples, then worse than useless. The Fuchs one is nice, but catridges are expensive and although the magnet is a good idea it's a faff to keep sticking it on each time you move to a new nipple. With a battery grease gun you can get a good rhythm going.
If they won't uncouple cos there's pressure built up ur getting no grease in anyway so you really wanna fix that. G couplers or similar are probably about the best ends but only if they fit. Any type of recessed grease nipple they are pretty much useless. Takis especially recess grease nipples with v little room around them unless everything is spotlessly clean even standard push on ends struggle to fit. Their own grease gun ends fit no bother though. Two guns one with g coupler one with their own works best for me never found anything i can't grease with one or three other yet.
20210724_212010.jpg

B

bobthebuilder

If they won't uncouple cos there's pressure built up ur getting no grease in anyway so you really wanna fix that. G couplers or similar are probably about the best ends but only if they fit. Any type of recessed grease nipple they are pretty much useless. Takis especially recess grease nipples with v little room around them unless everything is spotlessly clean even standard push on ends struggle to fit. Their own grease gun ends fit no bother though. Two guns one with g coupler one with their own works best for me never found anything i can't grease with one or three other yet. View attachment 26390
i have ground down a normal end to fit in some of the recesses on my taki ,