Basingstoke

diggerjones

diggerjones

We've got a job starting in Basingstoke in the next month. Could anyone recommend a firm to hire a digger off. Tracked machine 10-15 tonne. 2 or 3 weeks with me operating it.
Thanks

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
We've got a job starting in Basingstoke in the next month. Could anyone recommend a firm to hire a digger off. Tracked machine 10-15 tonne. 2 or 3 weeks with me operating it.
Thanks
tha's a fair commute Dylan :oops::oops:

diggerjones

diggerjones

Yes. I'm supposed to be stopping in my pod and my mate in his van 😕

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
better take some road pins with yerz Boyo ;) .... we have any more wind like this weekend just gone :eek: .... it's gonna need chaining down :giggle::giggle:

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Jesus I wouldn’t live in a van/pod/caravan or anything else:eek: even for one night working away from home, got to be a B&B or travel lodge type of thing for me:), you need a bath/shower after working all day and a good bed, as when I’m away we work proper hours to get the job done (May as well work as sit in a room watch tv)

diggerjones

diggerjones

Jesus I wouldn’t live in a van/pod/caravan or anything else:eek: even for one night working away from home, got to be a B&B or travel lodge type of thing for me:), you need a bath/shower after working all day and a good bed, as when I’m away we work proper hours to get the job done (May as well work as sit in a room watch tv)

Dead right, we normally have travel lodge or similar. But there's showers on site and canteen so we will only be sleeping in them.
Plus going off site to a stay somewhere else would be a ball ache because of traffic etc.

Mintsauce

Mintsauce

Keyway are local to Bristol/Gloucester and do competitive rates as far as I know they will cover Basingstoke. Could also try Smiths of Gloucester as they also do big kit on self drive. Outside immediate locality I know

M

Monkeybusiness

It might sound daft but I’d also try Ashbrook - they have kit all over the U.K.

S

Smiffy

I think contractors plant have a depot in Basingstoke. Or winner plant hire should cover thatarea

diggerjones

diggerjones

Thanks for all the imput. I asked the question 2 years ago but that was on the old forum and i can't be arsed to look on there. The difference this time is I'm going to be the jockey

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Thanks for all the imput. I asked the question 2 years ago but that was on the old forum and i can't be arsed to look on there. The difference this time is I'm going to be the jockey
What’s the job??

Gunners

Gunners

I'd try Winner plant, Contractors, Southern Plant or Morris Leslie. They all go out for stupid low rates and one is bound to be more stupider than the other!

diggerjones

diggerjones

I'd try Winner plant, Contractors, Southern Plant or Morris Leslie. They all go out for stupid low rates and one is bound to be more stupider than the other!
£550 a week from lynch £175 each way for transport for a 13 the tracked.. Not sure if this is good. Didn't ask about fuel.

Gunners

Gunners

Its not something I hire much but a friend of mine who does, always seems to have one on hire from Morris Leslie so definitely give them a try. If you want fuel then hire a bowser and get Rawlings in Hook to deliver to you, they are competitive on fuel round here although it had gone up a bit when I last took delivery a few weeks ago.

Gunners

Gunners

Did another local contractor a favour yesterday at late notice and did a days work for him. He's getting 13t machines for less than £500/week from Eveready hire who have just opened a new depot in Frimley. Might be worth a call.