As the saying goes.....

Richard Hunton

Richard Hunton

The salesman sells the first machine......

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200629_152436_com.linkedin.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20200629_152436_com.linkedin.android.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 472
Hg2702

Hg2702

I’ve been dealing with finning for over a year I’m on salesmen number 5 and yet to get a price ! Reeds caterpillar on the other hand are fantastic

hiluxman

hiluxman

Always had cat stuff, ive never had an issue with finning it was only there mega price on a machine that caused me to swap, but they always got back to me and were great with parts as i could get them 9/10pm.

Hrvs were a cat dealer and they were dire to deal with and only 2 miles from my yard.

D

DaveDCB

Always had cat stuff, ive never had an issue with finning it was only there mega price on a machine that caused me to swap, but they always got back to me and were great with parts as i could get them 9/10pm.

Hrvs were a cat dealer and they were dire to deal with and only 2 miles from my yard.
They didn’t last long as a cat dealer, I tried to talk to them about a new duck when they changed to wacker - I even know the boss and still got nowhere!!

hiluxman

hiluxman

They didn’t last long as a cat dealer, I tried to talk to them about a new duck when they changed to wacker - I even know the boss and still got nowhere!!
Yes they were utter....ill not say the word seen as we dont swear here now...😄 but yes i wish i never wasted breath on the phone call.

Antony Holmes

Antony Holmes

it shouldn't be down to your size I think I can assume it is not only me how can remember a time when we had home numbers for reps and would answer the phone up until 10.00 pm now I struggle to get some reps to answer the phone during the day and cant be bothered to phone you back

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
I am sure there are two sides to the story, but ultimately finning are owned by Cat,

If for example they put some changes to warranty in place (very likely) and it brings them in line with others customers will still through a major fit. No idea what happened here mind you.

For example JCB who paid for transport of broken machine to depot and put a machine in its place usually stopped doing this. Now coming from Terex and Case we didnt do this in 2010 let alone 2020. However when they put this in place in 2020 every JCB customer who has a breakdown is going to through a right wobbly.

F

fred

would have been worth hitting cat usa social media, their board members would take a dim view im sure.

F

fred

linked in is ok but social media has more exposure. could have copied in all the big competitors, trade rags etc. made stink.

wonder what the story was from the dealers perspective though ?

D

DaveDCB

Can’t imagine a 2006 machine has any warranty left on it.. 🤷‍♂️