Amazing operator who drives both the crane and the truck from the Bucyrus cabin

• Thread starter Bucket on wheels
  • Start date
Bucket on wheels

Bucket on wheels

Amazing operator who drives both the crane and the truck from the Bucyrus cabin

M

mart1602

very old machine to be useing,this is quite resent looking at the trucks and car he certainly earning his money on that

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Rum way the hoist works:unsure:
Wonder how he travels to the job site with it, as a long boom to stick out in front:unsure::unsure:

BertB.

BertB.

Well its definitely paid for. That Ford chassis would likely be late '80's early '90's so its likely been mounted on several different truck chassis over the years. There are 'grab lorry's' over here not quite what your used to in the U.K. but just like you guys they have to set up outriggers and make sure the machine is stable etc. etc. This old thing despite being kinda primitive and a workout to operate never really needs to set up and can be driven around from the operator's cab just like a Gradall. I read the description and I guess the alternative is a similar vehicle but fully hydraulic no steel wire rope. See if my link works.

Last edited:
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Why the f**k don’t they just use a grab lorry?
no way would it be as quick ..... that guy is bloody good with that(y):cool: .... it may be old and a real Heath Robinson creation ... as Mog said the hoist op. is a brahmer .... but hell he can shift s**t with that. :oops:

I was waiting to see the slew ring part company .... looks well bollo-ed :giggle::giggle:

BertB.

BertB.

no way would it be as quick ..... that guy is bloody good with that(y):cool: .... it may be old and a real Heath Robinson creation ... as Mog said the hoist op. is a brahmer .... but hell he can shift s**t with that. :oops:

I was waiting to see the slew ring part company .... looks well bollo-ed :giggle::giggle:

To me this is more efficient in some ways instead of a fleet of grab trucks you only need maybe one of these 'rear steer loaders' that can stay in the neighborhood while the dump trucks haul back and forth to the dump. If you combine the two then you then its that much less payload you can haul. Plus these guys just keep moving from one house to the next they don't need to set up outriggers to load. And you have to account for the fact that a landfill or transfer station can be many miles away I recall many times in the past doing demolition jobs and with traffic our trucks could be an hour to the dump and an hour back and that's not even taking in to account the line ups they had at some landfills when we were hauling.:eek: