Aluminium loading ramps?

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Hi all

Has anyone got any good recommendations for suppliers of aluminium loading ramps. The type with a long tongue at the top. Will be mainly used for getting a quad bike into a van, and probably a mower now n again.
Got rapms on the Ifor’s, but they aren’t really suited to the job, and I do t want to ‘borrow’ them away from the trailers.

Any advice, greatly appreciated (y)

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
I got a set from quadbikeswales . Seem to do the job and cheap enough. Just watch how heavy your mower is.

hiluxman

hiluxman

Ive used rampco....not sure if they are still on the go or not tho....think they were something to do with ben scott plant sales too.

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Ive used rampco....not sure if they are still on the go or not tho....think they were something to do with ben scott plant sales too.

They appear to still have a website, no pricing on it though:rolleyes:

Mintsauce

Mintsauce

I got some from SARA ramps. The salesman didn't try to bullshit me into buying his ramps like one of his competitors did. I got a quality pair of ramps off him and when I no longer needed them a few years later sold for near enough what I paid.👍

craig

craig

A firm I work with uses these https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/folding-aluminium-access-ramp/ , they do traffic management convoy working, weed spraying with quads, and use those ramps for loading the quad bikes in the back of transits vans, and have done for quite a few years and still on the original sets, some days used multiple times.

Sorry, just checking the link worked, and seen that they have been discontinued, there is a sealey equivalent listed but £100 more:unsure:(n) https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/sealey-lr680-aluminium-loading-ramps-680kg-per/

O

oldchips

Be careful, the 200kg load weight on the ramps is per pair, and also, although it doesn't say, is uniformly distributed load. So if you are loading a wheeled vehicle then that is only 50kg per ramp, point load, times two ramps, 100kg, NOT 400kg!

If worried put them flat on a couple of bricks and drive over them, probably touch the ground in the middle.