Adblue

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Thought I would try topping up with 10l today to make sure the tank is full. Had a complete nightmare. Kept burping up air and adblue all over the side of the vehicle. Didn't seem able to get a smooth flow from the can. Bought it at Shell whilst filling with diesel so wasn't some cheap dodgy can off the internet.
Gave it a good wash off with the hose, so hope it is okay.
Graham

Op_Alx24/7

Op_Alx24/7

Yea Graham, The cans are a arse to use to be honest, I've tried them in the past gave up just use the pump its quick and easy, just get weird looks as i pop the bonnet
and poke the nozzle in by the engine bay, one server came and said why am i putting Adblue in the engine wouldn't start the pump till i sowed him lol, they know me there now

V

Volbar1

It is a ford ranger. Book says (from memory) it will need filling anywhere between 2500 and 7500 miles. Between 125 and 375 miles per litre. So I could be using 280l per year. Seems pretty vague. It says wait for the warning and then it will let me know how far I can go before refilling. Will go into limp mod if runs out and once stopped will not start until topped up. Has a 20 litre tank but no gauge, so difficult to tell when I can get a 10l can in. Didn't fancy having part used cans with the risk of the spout dripping as I had heard it was very corrosive.
I guess I'll get a 10l can (they don't seem to do 15l) and top up as soon as the lght comes on.
Graham
I had a 66 plate Ranger wildtrak, it will tell you on the dash when it's about 1100 miles from empty so no bother. I just put 10 litres in at a time, spent £192 on add blue in 30000 miles😕

Hydremaduck

Hydremaduck

My Caddy uses Ad-Blue
Iirc it will give a warning at 1500 miles to add / top up and will take a 5 litre can. Never had any issue with filling it. Slotted flexi filler on side of each can locates in slots in neck (once blue lid is removed) upend can and let it glug away until empty.
Dash also warns at 1000 miles, 500 miles and iirc will go into limp mode about 250miles and once run out will not start again until refilled.

As for storage, I've been offered access to fleet drums, IBC containers etc BUT looking at the way general employees treat the cans used to fill the fleet hired vans, I'd rather buy my own and know its clean and to be honest, not horrendously expensive.
From what I've gleaned in conversations and via social media. The biggest cause of problems / issues with vehicles / engines running Ad-Blue, is lack of care and understanding in the storage and filling process.