A day in the life of Tilty Shaun

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Well I will start my posting with what can only be described as one of those days.
I have to work flexible as I usually have have school drop off and pick up so planning my working day can sometimes be a squeeze.
Sunday evening I thought it would be a good idea to hitch the trailer and get loaded so I could do school run with the digger on the trailer and head straight off to the planned job. Out the door with Darling Daughter and down to school......got out the car to hear a loud hissing noise. Puncture on the trailer. Dropped DD at school, dashed back home to unload digger so could then take trailer in for puncture fix. The intermittent starter problem decided it was no longer intermittent. After several attempts and a lot of hitting the starter engaged. Got the digger off, headed off for 2 new tyres. Recently replaced tyres on the other side and wanted to make sure all 4 where known good!
Arranged to pick up a hired in digger until I can sort my starter and eventually got going around 12.30. Pulled up concrete and generally made a mess.....until a track popped off the hired on machine. Decided to call it a day early as didn't have a grease gun to pump the tracks back up as it is on my digger rather than in the tool kit!!
Hopefully tomorrow will be slightly easier going!!

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
I feel you pain Shaun :rolleyes:
Have a few the same here:sick: best laid plans and all that:cry:

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

The starter is fully down to me not dealing with whatever the underlying issue is, so I take that one firmly on the chin! !

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
The starter is fully down to me not dealing with whatever the underlying issue is, so I take that one firmly on the chin! !
Yes but it only happens when, your in a rush:confused:, your under pressure:(, need to get finished:mad:, etc.
If you was just moving said machine across the yard, and it didn’t matter if you did it or not:unsure:, it would of started first touch:whistle:

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Worse thing has been driving a digger without a tilty on all afternoon. Would have been so much easier with my ripper tooth and just sitting in one place compared to keep track shuffling to get the right bucket position!! Even the client asked when you getting your twisty thing back!!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
bet them thumbs and that foot were twitching all afternoon Shaun :LOL::LOL: :p

Furniss

Furniss

Yep its always much more annoying if for one reason or another you ignore something till it lets you down, when a few minutes preventative maintenance
would have avoided it .... :mad:

CPS

CPS

Yep its always much more annoying if for one reason or another you ignore something till it lets you down, when a few minutes preventative maintenance
Brought the Plant trailer into the workshop a few weeks ago for a bit of tlc, new floor, new lights good check over and a lovely new spare wheel. Went to fit the spare to its carrier but the threaded bar was seized..... thought ok il make a new one, but first i have to deliver these few bits, Il put the spare in the back of the Van...... nope forgot to put it in and set off, of course a tyre blew off on the motorway that day:mad::mad:

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

And now I have managed to break a hose fitting on the hired in digger!!

Attachments

• 1537883717958728422397.jpg
    1537883717958728422397.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 230
doobin

doobin

On the flip side, you never know how much money your preventative maintenance actually saves you. I'm pretty hot on it though.

G

Gez_lewis

You get some days that make you cry!
Had a puncture on the 3cx on Friday morning so fixed that to do a little job down the road, got there did job just as I was finishing a fuel line burst so walk home for par. Fixed that got back to yard thought I'd put pecker on for morning - went to try it and pecker hose burst so spat my dummy out and went home!

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Fortunately it was the fitting between the hose and the Ram that had broken and not the pipe. If it was the pipe that would have been a right PITA to sort.

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

The starter motor is off and dropped into my local starter man!! It looked a worse job that it was!!
Today has been a concrete day!!
20180927_165439.jpg

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Sometimes it is bushes or other bits. It is an intermittent fault so will see what he finds. Have had other starters and alternators repaired for a lot less than new so I await the phone call.