240v Mig welder

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
The bucket mixer works a tread.
We got from Robustrack, the only thing that's a bit of a pain is the discharge chute. It's hydraulic operated and needs a 12v supply to work the solenoid. Because we have 3 different loadall and it never seems to be the same one twice its a hassle to set up.

M

Monkeybusiness

I treated myself this week and had a quick play this afternoon - this thing is ace! (Please note that I am in no way a welder so my thoughts should really be taken with a pinch of salt...).
250 amp R-Tech (wonderful company to deal with by the way, I’d have no hesitation at all in recommending them).
Whack it up to full-beans and it horses it out - it is like jetwashing metal onto more metal! Until now I didn’t really know what was meant be spray-welding - I do now!!!

Attachments

• 6CC37B76-FCB3-4B46-B491-04469BD9F324.jpeg
    6CC37B76-FCB3-4B46-B491-04469BD9F324.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 116
F

fred

always had an itch for a bucket mixer to fill that gap between too small for a silo but too big for mixers. Like when you need 10 mixes of sharp for bedding but not all delivered in the morning you want it in a couple hits as no space and double moving it etc.

J

Jimoz

always had an itch for a bucket mixer to fill that gap between too small for a silo but too big for mixers. Like when you need 10 mixes of sharp for bedding but not all delivered in the morning you want it in a couple hits as no space and double moving it etc.
Isn't that what the dumper and a few bags of cement is for. What the groundworkers were doing last big job I was on. Mix quality questionable...

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I got one of these last year https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200-Amp-...-/332425324277?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292
It's not melted yet but I have been running it off a 30m extension lead. It is very nice to weld with compared to cheap transformer mig.
I wouldn't want to push my luck with it but for car stuff it's great. With 0.6mm wire it's super easy to weld tin and with 0.8mm it's not hard.
looks tidy enough, but am amazed you're able to run it off a 30m extension .... says it comes complete with 32A supply plug (and socket) .... must pull some juice, wound up -- just looked -- 8.2Kva :oops:
this is amusing.....
" Important Safety Notice: Some eBay sellers sell the identical machine connected to a domestic UK 13 Amp plug, fitted with a high current fuse or even a brass rod. This is dangerous practice, the Blackline MIG200 is supplied as standard with the correct 32 Amp round plug/socket combination. ":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pity it can only handle 5kg rolls though ... dear ol' way of buying yer wire

another 30 quid gets you their 250A version
but 46A input supply required (11.3Kva) :oops::oops: ...... that'll dim the lights .....

this is a bit of a farce
"NOTE: This welder requires a 30 Amp connection and is not suitable for domestic 13 Amp sockets, a 32 Amp male/female connector will be supplied but you will require the services of a qualified electrician to install this before use." and wide open to TDA pursuit

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Got to love this forum. You have to read every thread to see what tangent they have gone off in!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣❤️❤️❤️❤️
yes it's amazing where some end up/veer off to .... but usually all interesting stuff all the same and amazing what connections get made :cool::cool:🥰

R

Russell

I have popped a couple 13 amp fuses now but I normally only play with thin stuff.

R

Russell

My electrician tutor from a couple years back would murder me if I did that.